AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
We are looking for a Senior UI Engineer with a passion for building world class maps; someone who strives to deliver the best mapping experiences to AccuWeather users.
We’re looking for someone who loves innovation, leveraging cutting edge mapping technologies, and enhancing the customer experience. In this position, you will design and build interactive and responsive mapping interfaces for our Web platforms and have a direct and meaningful impact on engaging user experiences.
- Build rich, front-end maps for AccuWeather.com and other AccuWeather front-end platforms
- Create intuitive, pixel-perfect, and responsive mapping experiences
- Optimize mapping for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop functional, efficient, and well-structured client-side mapping code
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts, and ensure delivery alignment
- Build reusable code and mapping libraries for future use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technologies, platforms, and tooling
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure technical feasibility of the roadmap
- Ensure deliverables are met with high quality, including those on tight timelines
- Collaborate with IT, Product, and Design teams
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 or more years of experience in UI, front-end or related engineering
- Experience in designing and developing front-end mapping solutions
- OpenGL and 3D mapping experience is also required
- Experience developing for cross-browser, cross-device, multi-language, and cultural factors
- Experience designing and developing solutions for high traffic, global, applications
- Adaptable to engage in both development and testing tasks as needed
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.