AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather For Business (AFB) is in search of a Content Marketing Manager to join our team. This position will work closely with the Director of Demand Generation to build, develop, and execute AFB’s content marketing strategy. In this position, you’ll be responsible for maintaining a content calendar focused on education, thought leadership, brand awareness, and new business acquisition for the company. We’re looking for a proactive B2B content creator that loves sharing stories in unique and engaging ways while leveraging product information, topical weather events and imagery. This position requires a strategic thinker who is a relentless team collaborator and has strong, versatile writing abilities. Interest in, and experience with, writing about topics surrounding weather and its impact on business is helpful.
- Leverage authentic storytelling for the purpose of educating prospects, raising brand awareness, building thought leadership, and ultimately attracting target audiences
- Collaborate with operational teams across disciplines to craft engaging and educational B2B content, including blog posts, client materials, proofs of performance and sales collateral
- Refine and refresh content archive, enhancing SEO and identifying ways to repurpose and utilize our most valuable written assets
- Assist with SEO optimization and manage written content for the company website, landing pages, and social media assets
- Work closely with AccuWeather’s Social Media Director and PR team to ensure maximum exposure for AccuWeather for Business products and services
- Contribute to overall marketing and business development strategy on a daily basis
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to implement strategy and develop meaningful content
- General understanding of product development and the ability to write about technical and business topics related to B2B weather products and services
- Values visual and written storytelling and has experience with successfully merging the two
- Experience interviewing clients and creatively telling their stories
- Ability to identify new avenues for organic growth
- A self-starter who is a creative problem solver and highly attentive to detail
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, creative writing, meteorology, risk mitigation or related field
- 3+ years content creation experience in a technical or scientific environment
- Must be a strong writer with a passion for storytelling
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral presentation
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven to exceed goals
- Team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Bonus: Familiarity with HubSpot, Asana, Zoom webinars
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.