AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather’s Marketing Team is looking for a Marketing Communications Intern for Summer 2021! Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, you will grow your skills and build your resume while gaining invaluable experience. This is a remote and paid internship that will run from May until August.
- Provide communications support to the marketing team.
- Support Director of Marketing Communications with research and assist with related projects.
- Conduct secondary research on key industry issues, consumer trends, and competitive activity in the weather category and digital media publisher space.
- Assist with writing and updating corporate communications to ensure proper brand messaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student working on undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Writing or related field of study.
- Have experience with, and enthusiasm for, Marketing Communications/Public Relations.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Enjoy working on cross-functional teams and under tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.