AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Mobile Map UI-Developer has a passion for building world-class mobile products and strives to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. This role is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in developing our global mobile platform and the award-winning AccuWeather iOS and Android apps.
- Build rich 2D and 3D maps layers for our mobile applications and help guide feature development from a technical perspective
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure the technical feasibility of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to create elegant and intuitive experience for users
- Be a technical pillar for the team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
- Promote clean and structured code by providing code review and feedback to other team members
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts and deploy production code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with 2D & 3D rendering
- Minimum of 1 high quality applications in the Apple Store or Google Play Store
- Expert knowledge of OpenGL/Metal
- Knowledge of Swift and/or Kotlin, Apple and/or Android frameworks
- Experience with location technologies (maps SDK, Mapbox or GIS) is a plus
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Must be willing to occasionally travel to AccuWeather’s offices in New York City, Montreal and State College, Pennsylvania, after the pandemic
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.