AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Science & Innovation, the Product Manager of Maps leads efforts related to how we visually represent information on AccuWeather’s web, app, and B2B properties. This role is at the forefront of the company’s innovation and an influential leader charged with shaping key features within consumer and business products. This position is an exciting opportunity to translate your vision into an impactful strategy while also defining features, designing experiences and driving execution from start to finish.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader with strong communication skills, exceptional solution-crafting capabilities and have a healthy addiction to displaying geospatial information. This role is perfectly suited for a junior to mid-level product manager with a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives.
- Drive innovative solutions for existing and future visualizations that drive user engagement and audience growth.
- Facilitate communication across the organization, collecting and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements; communicate to stakeholders regularly.
- Create exceptional user experiences through collaboration with product experience team – UX/UI/Interaction – while also maximizing revenue by supporting monetization efforts.
- Work with third parties, strategic partners, and cross functional internal teams to further AccuWeather’s reach and feature set.
- Understand the ins and outs of your audience – who they are, the features they use and enhancements they want.
- Monitor your products, ensuring optimal performance, and being on top of any challenges that may arise.
- Prioritize product enhancements, both new and existing.
- Lead a scrum team comprising of engineers and product designers to execute against your plans quickly.
- Manage data integrity to ensure accuracy and relevancy, from data source through to display.
- Produce and review product requirement documents to the highest of standards.
- Own the end-to-end success of projects from requirements definition through design, development, launch, and post-launch analysis.
- Work with subject matter experts for your products, capabilities and services.
- Develop a strategy and make creative recommendations to expand our product vision across the portfolio.
- Meticulously detailed.
- Excellent leader who is also a creative thinker and exceptional communicator.
- Leadership presence with a knack to evangelize to your team and to upper management.
- Be curious and globally oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in the conceptualization, development, and/or management of visualization of geospatial information.
- Experience working with web and app platforms and frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of digitally distributed products and technology
- Experience writing detailed requirements for products; such as wire frames, criteria, and business cases
- Ability to interact and communicate with product, design, and development teams of all levels, backgrounds and distributed staffing models
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail
- Must be comfortable to prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications
- Driving collective decisions, while being comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications
- Highly creative with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.