AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Editor provides quality control in order to ensure product excellence to AccuWeather’s users and clients. Content thoroughly checked by AccuWeather editors includes, but is not limited to, news stories and graphics on AccuWeather.com and hundreds of newspaper pages.
The Editor will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, covering the 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET shift (regularly working weekends).
- Ensure all newspaper and web products’ highest quality by reviewing for correct style, grammar, punctuation and format. Text must comply with Associated Press and AccuWeather style or specific needs of the client.
- Check all components of a newspaper, including correct layout of the page.
- Review newspapers for correct layout of page.
- Prioritize work and track down late products in order to be proactive.
- Review all text products to make sure they are interesting, concise and understandable.
- Notify proper departments of product completions. After training, must be able to make non-graphic changes to a page and successfully send product.
- Review and publish all necessary content to AccuWeather.com and other subscription pages.
- Review television products in order to ensure product’s highest quality by reviewing for correct fonts, typos, format, style and color combinations.
- Review television products against forecaster’s original to detect any typos, discrepancies, etc., as well as ensuring information conveyed on graphic can be understood by the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in either Journalism or English is required
- Knowledge/background in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge/background in AP style
- Demonstrated ability to make quick decisions in order to meet deadlines
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.