AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Want to be part of a team that is a global leader in traffic, serving trillions of requests monthly? We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer with a passion for delivering world class systems; someone who strives for continuous integration and automation.
We’re looking for someone who loves innovation, leveraging cutting edge technologies, and enhancing the AccuWeather delivery lifecycle. In this position, you will design and automate cloud infrastructure and delivery pipelines for our Web, API, Mobile App, and SDK platforms and have a direct and meaningful impact on our end-user experience.
- Design, build, and deploy systems that host AccuWeather Web, API, and SDK platforms
- Match cloud implementation, monitoring, and management with software architecture
- Monitor platforms to ensure costs are managed and optimized against performance
- Implement, document, automate, and optimize configuration changes
- Ensure security standards are met and monitored
- Monitor and manage system performance, health, patches and logs
- Establish and monitor operational dashboards and work queues
- Manage DevOps tools and infrastructure – code coverage, pipelines, artifacts, code repo, etc.
- Monitor build and deployment status and share responsibilities with software engineers
- Share system support duties
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technologies, platforms, and tooling
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure technical feasibility of the roadmap
- Ensure deliverables are met with high quality, including those on tight timelines
- 7 or more years of experience in DevOps, Operations, or similar field
- Demonstrated experience with Azure
- Demonstrated experience with Linux / Unix and Windows platforms
- Experience with Akamai or other similar CDN’s
- Continuous integration / delivery management and automation (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Firebase)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes or similar
- Programming experience in scripting languages such as Python
- Experience managing GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, or similar
- Adaptable to engage in both development and testing tasks as needed
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.