AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business, radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Graphic Designer will help tell the story of AccuWeather to businesses and consumers, both domestically and globally, by creating engaging and inspired designs for national campaigns, marketing materials, and brand initiatives. The role will collaborate with the AccuWeather Design Team, as well as marketing and communication professionals, product managers, and senior leaders from various lines of business including digital media, ad sales, broadcast, for business and more. This professional will be a source of creative inspiration for the team and employees across the company. The ideal candidate is a strong problem solver and communicator with the ability to generate big ideas and execute them through production.
- Provide forward-thinking creative design for a range of applications from digital to physical
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to ensure brand consistency across client initiatives
- Effectively translate branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts
- Prepare and present concepts at internal check-ins and client presentations to validate designs
- Own the role of primary designer on multiple projects at once
- Attend and supervise photography, film, and editing sessions to complete creative concepts
- Work with outside vendors to ensure quality, final productions
- Mentor associate and graphic designers on the team
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of professional or agency experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
- Exceptional eye for detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Experience with high-caliber design content and typography
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, strategic, and analytical mindset
- Intellectually curious
- Motivated collaborator with an ability to work well across departments, with or without direct supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly energetic atmosphere
- Ability to design within brand guidelines and create guidelines as needed
- Distinct portfolio with a highly refined aesthetic
- Motion graphic and/or video experience
- Strong knowledge of grammar and composition rules required for editing and proofreading
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.