AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather for Business is expanding its offerings and creating a new suite of subscription services for businesses, and we need a seasoned Product Manager to conceive, develop and take the new offerings to market. This Product Manager will report directly to the Product Development Lead for AccuWeather for Business and will be responsible for engaging with internal stakeholders (business, sales, marketing, support and operations) and clients/customers, to convert desires and ‘pain points’ into product specifications. The Product Manager will also have a key role integrating with the software development teams on the actual creation of the new products/features and providing insights to Sales and Marketing related to pricing and product strategy.
We are looking for a natural leader, a creative thinker, and an exceptional communicator. Our ideal candidate is focused on building consensus and capable of engaging tech discussions with the development team and high-level business discussions with leadership.
- Define, develop and execute an aggressive subscription product roadmap that leverages self-service capabilities to deliver personalized and customized weather services directly to B2B customers across all platforms.
- Create product requirements for web, app, email and/or other products, targeted to clients & potential customers of AccuWeather for Business (B2B), using a data-driven decisions approach.
- Execute market fit and competitive research in support of new product initiatives as well as ensuring a strong market position for existing offerings; key focus on pricing analysis and pricing recommendations.
- Assist in management of a broader portfolio of products offered to AccuWeather for Business clients
- Collaborate closely with a diverse group of stakeholders and meet with clients to maintain an on-the-pulse knowledge of our users and the use cases that drive their successful outcomes.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams within different operational and strategic departments in order to identify and launch new content and functionality.
- Conduct business case modelling and competitive analyses to assess trends and guide team to create compelling, valuable, and ultimately profitable products and refine product road maps.
- Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research data to guide product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and demonstrable 2-4 years' experience of producing successful outcomes via indirect leadership are required.
- Possesses a combination of a technical background with a Business Administration or Marketing degree or will have completed an MBA program with a strong focus on product management.
- Developing and executing against subscription product roadmaps is required; experience within digital products is a must (web, app, email).
- Experience writing effective requirements (wire frames, user stories, business rules, etc.).
- Excellent research, analysis, strategy, and project management skills with the ability to guide complex projects to timely completion.
- Experience using online analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics, with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to manage and balance requirements of large corporate clients and a diverse group of smaller clients, ultimately leading to successful product packages that optimize for revenue potential while reducing churn.
- Experience operating within a SCRUM environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an orientation towards developing win-win solutions.
- Business planning, forecasting, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Must be comfortable prioritizing a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications.
- Comfortable making independent decisions, naturally incorporating a thoughtful and comprehensive analysis of risks and rewards.
- Ability to interface between creative, technical, and senior level professionals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environments.
- Travel between AccuWeather offices and limited travel to client offices will be required.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.