AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather’s Social Media Team is looking for a Social Media Intern for Summer 2021. If you are a creative thinker, enthusiastic about technology and Social Media, look no further. During this internship, you will grow your skills and build your resume while gaining invaluable experience.
This paid and remote internship from mid-May to August is available for 20-30 hours per week.
- Posting breaking weather news, videos, daily posts, and marketing releases and campaigns to millions of AccuWeather fans & followers, customizing posts for each Social Network
- Coordinating multiple sources, feeds and personnel contributing to our Social channels
- Monitoring all Social Networks for testimonials, questions, comments, abuse, complaints and user-generated content
- Engaging with those users and interacting with appropriate internal departments for resolution
- Creating trends reports from various trending tools across a multitude of Social Networks to improve dissemination of AccuWeather content
- Analyzing data about AccuWeather and its competitors from a variety of internal and external Social Media Analytics tools
- Approving, categorizing and promoting incoming UGC (User-Generated Content)
- Ensuring accuracy/timeliness of changing weather information and content licensing in AccuWeather’s content in internal and external Social Networks
- Researching changes to new and existing Social Networks via industry blogs and news and online webinars
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing a 4-year Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Marketing or a related field that requires experience in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Basic image editing knowledge
- Must be able to develop an understanding of basic scientific and meteorological concepts, in order to explain them to our audience
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.