AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Sales Executive of TV Systems and Partnerships will be responsible for growing the customer base of the AccuWeather television software StoryTeller by selling it to local television markets and new business sectors. We are looking for someone who is highly passionate about sales to identify new markets to expand the business into, as well as work with marketing to position and price for maximum market penetration and growth.
You will be responsible for selling new Local Television Partnerships. This means getting the AccuWeather brand and local weather forecasts on-air in top 50 markets. This role will leverage AccuWeather best practices to position this partnership as an opportunity for local market to increase accuracy, audience and revenue.
- Responsible for selling AccuWeather’s Television systems and services (i.e. StoryTeller Interactive Touch Screen, Weather Systems, Data services) to television stations, and new markets including cities and municipalities
- Responsible for growing LTP (Local Television Partnership) in top 50 television markets
- Expand AccuWeather’s market share in local television and grow into new markets with possibilities be cities and municipalities and enterprise logistics companies
- Follow-up on all leads generated by advertising, trade shows, mailings, web site, and other media
- Act as a client advocate: Inform current and prospective customers of current promotions and new or upgraded of StoryTeller to StoryTeller+ products
- Upsell the AccuWeather solutions (Storm Director) as part of the extended packages of software and services
- Suggest product modifications, advertising, promotional materials, and trade shows based upon client feedback, to product management and marketing departments
- Update CRM with information pertinent to sales process, including contract requirements and prospective sales, with probability
- Compile lists of prospective customers to use as sales leads based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, business directories, Internet web sites, and other sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field with a minimum 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating contacts and selling to the General Manager of television stations with good metrics for performance against quota
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, knowing that efficiency is vital to success.
- Proven ability to build relationships within the television industry and team members.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to source for leads qualify prospects, present and persuade clients to buy, and to close sales.
- 50% travel is required.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.