AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
As a member of the AccuWeather For Business (AFB) Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for helping build and manage subscriber acquisition and retention programs for a newly created SMB product that targets businesses with exposure to weather-related impacts.
In this critical role, you’ll focus on building innovative performance programs and relevant customer experiences to improve engagement and retention. Your challenge is to develop repeatable strategies that grow annual recurring revenue (ARR). You’ll lead customer marketing on paid social, programmatic media, and paid search on Google, Facebook, and other advertising platforms. In addition, you will collaborate on broader cross-functional campaigns, experiments, and efficiency measurement with campaign marketing, leveraging marketing analytics for decision making.
We are a group that values data and creativity equally, continuously seeking the best of left and right brain approaches. This role is for candidates that have 5+ years of relevant experience and are excited about using their skills alongside a strong, fast-paced B2B marketing team.
- Plan and optimize paid media campaigns to support and scale customer engagement and meet quarterly acquisition targets
- Develop a feedback strategy for SMB products through qualitative and quantitative methods to understand product usage and suggest improvements to customer value and experience
- Drive internal innovation and vision using knowledge of the SMB landscape and continually research SMB trends and products to understand the competitive landscape
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs, optimizing campaigns to maximize ROI
- Direct and manage agencies to achieve goals and ROI targets
- Manage Social Media advertising using performance goals that drive new user adoption and continuously test creative and placements
- Use a data-driven approach to build and maintain audience management strategy and playbook, manage campaigns, and derive insights on strategy and performance
- Help support weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals, and other KPI’s by monitoring web analytics dashboards and key reporting tools, pointing out key areas of importance
- Communicate weekly updates, progress reports, timelines, and results with other teams and stakeholders
- Collaborate with overall marketing team, PR, Sales, Creative, Social and other teams as needed to support business and company goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital Media or equivalent practical experience
- 5 or more years of Digital or Social Media Advertising experience
- Robust analytical skills - the ability to identify meaningful trends, pursue the most important questions, and take action
- Experience with Marketing Hub by HubSpot
- A strong grasp of Web Analytics, A/B Testing, and metrics-driven marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations
- An outstanding ability to think creatively to identify and resolve problems
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.