AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Director of Social Media will lead social media strategy and develop and execute strategic campaigns and robust plans in addition to measuring the effectiveness of all projects. The successful candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of all social media platforms, be an excellent writer, have a strong visual sense and understanding of how imagery drives engagement. The key objective of this role is to ensure that all social media efforts align with overall communication and marketing strategies for the brand to drive broader awareness and engagement. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working directly with internal teams including marketing, content, creative, business leadership along with external partners, clients and agencies and be able to advise stakeholders on how to execute successful campaigns. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop a holistic brand marketing social strategy and goals across all social platforms.
- Ensure creativity across all social pages while being responsible for approving content rollout strategy, scheduling, and reporting.
- Manage budget and planning and oversee project calendars across initiatives.
- Bring to life the AccuWeather brand voice and creative look to ensure brand consistency.
- Ideate and pitch innovative creative strategies for all projects, including sponsored content, and continue to refine and innovate plans based on data and metrics.
- Work with Brand Marketing and agency partners to build relationships with influencers and to establish influencer strategy and goals.
- Coordinate efforts to best respond to and engage consumers across social channels with Content and Customer Service teams.
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR, Content/journalists, Sales and other teams to assure meaningful social support and alignment with business goals.
- Create reports showing performance trends; use data to inform longer-term decision making aimed at traffic and engagement goals and content development.
- Analyze competitive landscape to create informed social strategy plans, stay current on the social media platform updates and new techniques in consumer-facing social media opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of Social Media experience in addition to experience managing a team.
- Proficiency in using web/social monitoring, scheduling, and analytic tools such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics and others.
- Excellent copy writing and editing abilities, outstanding verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Video and photo editing knowledge are key.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects while working effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and execute social media strategy and campaigns while overseeing the daily responsibilities of a robust social media presence.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment and takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.