AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Director of Information Security is responsible for leading the strategy, administration, and operations of our information security program. This role will engage broadly across business and information technology functions to ensure effective awareness, planning, and execution on security-related concepts, projects, initiatives, and requirements. The successful candidate will have a diverse technical background, professional security credentials, demonstrated effectiveness in management and leadership, effective business acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proactively lead and manage information security, information assurance, and cyber defense for the company.
- Define the vision, strategy, tactics and a roadmap for security practices and solutions that follow industry- and vendor-recommended best practices.
- Oversee the information security team. This includes being involved with staffing decisions, training, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
- Establish and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in compliance with ISO/IEC 27001 and related standards.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to monitor and respond to security events involving computers, networks, accounts, and services.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to ensure the security of internally-developed software and/or technology products.
- Routinely test and assess the organization’s security measures, identifying and remediating any weak points that may be vulnerable to attack and constitute an unacceptable risk.
- Develop strategies, processes, and procedures to address security incidents.
- Drive fulfillment of the technological and business requirements for Service Organization Control (SOC) reports based on SSAE 18.
- Prepare regular technical and executive reports on security status, initiatives, and overall landscape.
- Partner closely with technology, legal, and business representatives to help ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy requirements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Identity Management principles and standards including regular periodic reviews of each.
- Review, refresh, and develop security policies as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of personnel management in a technology environment.
- 10+ years of technical management/administration of technology and/or information systems.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAM or a similar security certification is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Single Sign-On (SSO), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and general access controls.
- Direct experience with vulnerability management including scanning, penetration testing, and remediation.
- Demonstrated understanding of firewalls, access control lists, general routing and switching.
- Knowledge of network, system, service, and security monitoring tools, methods, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.