AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather, Inc. is seeking a law student Intern to support the Legal Department based in State College, PA (currently remote through at least June 2021). This internship will be paid and the Intern will assist lawyers and contracts management staff on a wide variety of matters, including transactional, labor & employment, international, corporate, cybersecurity, litigation, intellectual property and data privacy matters.
- AccuWeather's law student Intern program is designed to provide the intern with hands-on training in a real-world environment of a lean, fast-paced in-house legal department at a global media company.
- The intern will also get experience in working with and liaising on cross-departmental assignments and matters with Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, IT and Product.
- Assignments may include: researching, drafting memos, drafting and reviewing contracts, agreements and other documents, and preparing for and attending internal client meetings.
- The intern should have experience/background/course work/other indications of interest in the fields of science (including meteorology or data science), technology, media, advertising, web and app development, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or similar industries
- Comfortable working with legal tech and other data management software and online platforms, including social media
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Slack
- Must be presently enrolled full time in an ABA accredited law school and firm plans to sit for a U.S. state bar exam (ideally PA or NY) no later than September 2022
- If applicant is seeking course credit, such applicant must be enrolled in an ABA accredited law school internship/externship or clinical program
- Must be able to work independently and remotely, consistently meet deadlines, work quickly, and achieve individual objectives within larger team projects
- Ideally comfortable with videoconferencing technology (we do a lot of meetings by Zoom and phone!)
- A copy of law school transcript, along with a resume, cover letter and original writing sample as part of the application materials is required. *Important applicant note: Our system has a limit of only 2 attachments per application, so please copy/paste your writing sample and your transcripts into the same file as your resume or cover letter.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.