AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Android Developer has a passion for building world-class mobile products and strives to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. This role is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in developing our global mobile platform.
Remote candidates are being considered for this mid-level opportunity.
- Build rich mobile applications and help guide feature development from a technical perspective
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure the technical feasibility of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to create elegant and intuitive experience for users
- Evangelize clean and structured code; provide code review and feedback to other team members
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts and deploy production code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of developing native Android applications
- Experience in designing and developing applications in Kotlin
- Experience working with Android Architecture Components, MVVM
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Knowledge of packaging, signing and provisioning mobile applications
- Experience with mobile hardware SDK like camera, accelerometer, GPS, etc.
- Experience wiring and troubleshooting analytics platforms
- Remote candidates in Canada and the United States are being considered for this opportunity
- AccuWeather will consider remote candidates in the following US States: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.