AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather has an exciting opportunity for a user insights/market research professional to join our marketing team. The Analyst, Marketing & User Insights reports to the Director of User Insights, and plays a key role on the team, collaborating daily with marketing, sales, business development, and product team members to representing the voice of the user/customer/consumer with data and insights that inspire action.
The ideal candidate has both qualitative and quantitative research experience. To be successful, they need to be comfortable with all stages of research planning and project management, including consulting with internal stakeholders on front-end objectives and methods, drafting discussion guides or survey questionnaires, analyzing data, writing executive summaries, and recommending actions based on insights. They will be helping to identify research and analytics opportunities; create business cases for proposing cost-effective, high-impact research solutions; communicate the value of insights to leaders; and manage external research vendors. This is a fantastic growth opportunity for a fast-paced, curious, driven-to-succeed research analyst, research associate, or research manager looking to make a difference on a team that values collaboration, inclusion, creativity, and professional development.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams, outside vendors, and research/data partners
- Identify research needs and other data opportunities to support business objectives
- Iterate on the user/customer feedback loop; promote it, own it, and increase its effectiveness
- Manage all qualitative and quantitative research projects, whether in-house or outsourced
- Implement voice of customer feedback programs to support business/product planning, marketing, and PR strategy
- Manage brand health trackers, advertising and brand lift studies, and product pricing studies
- Promote best practices for marketing campaign measurement and analytics, including KPIs, such as cost to acquire, retention, lifetime value, and ROI
- Serve as the central resource for all global competitive intelligence, and actively conduct primary or secondary research to understand competitive positioning and market size
- Actively contribute to Marketing Team ideation and strategy sessions, making recommendations to enhance business decisions, partnerships, campaigns, projects, and processes
- Work with Marketing and business leaders on annual planning and budgeting activities
- 4-8 years of experience in market research or consumer insights, with a mix of qualitative and quantitative research projects, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, survey research, and in-product micro-surveys.
- Experience analyzing and reporting a variety of types of data, including syndicated audience data, CRM, campaign performance metrics, website/app analytics, and social metrics
- Experience with brand panel management, personas, and user journey mapping
- Familiar with data visualization best practices and tools
- A true team player driven by an eagerness to help others, learn new skills, and grow professionally
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.