AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather for Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Television Weather Broadcaster plays an extremely important role in AccuWeather’s mission of saving lives and property by providing accurate, detailed, impact-driven and informative weather forecasts to the millions of viewers of the AccuWeather Television Network. Driven by forecasts that are created by a consensus between the on-air team and operational forecasters, live and recorded segments filmed by AccuWeather’s on-air meteorologists cover all weather phenomena. The AccuWeather Network delivers “All Weather, All the Time” with coverage spanning before, during and after storms, as well as breaking news events and interest stories.
The Senior Television Weather Broadcaster will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, graphics designers and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts.
- Using graphic tools provided, to assist in building of the weather shows to clearly tell a weather story.
- Uses creativity to tailor content and delivery based on individual client’s needs including length and delivery time.
- During each video, the Senior Television Broadcaster will adhere to company standards for on-air presentation, including the impacts of the weather on video viewers, timelines for events and special emphasis on severe weather.
- Occasional field and/or package reporting.
- The Senior Television Broadcaster must follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Assists with the operational and strategic goals of AccuWeather’s social media initiatives.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Broadcasting will be considered.
- At least 7-10 years of weather-related broadcasting experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights as required.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.