AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business, radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Manager Business Intelligence & Digital Analytics to support the way in which AccuWeather collects, reports and provides insights to the rest of the organization for our non-mobile and mobile applications. This position is joining an expanding Analytics & Audience team and will collaborate with digital product managers, business stakeholders, finance, accounting and business development teams across the organization to help provide ongoing, repeatable analytical support and insightful holistic data. You will be responsible for building, updating, and continually refining a series of automated dashboards and reporting to provide weekly, monthly and quarterly views of business performance against a set of metrics and KPI’s.
To succeed in this role, you should have strong technical acumen, exceptional problem-solving capabilities and be extremely detail oriented. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in digital business reporting and analysis leveraging various digital analytics platforms, (Google Analytics, Google Firebase, iTunes Connect, tag managers, etc.) and have extensive experience with product analytics, forecasting and modeling.
The position is based in remote, New York or State College, Pennsylvania. Some travel might be required to our other offices (when travel restrictions are lifted)
- Spearhead the measurement strategy for our mobile apps, mobile and non-mobile websites, considering industry trends, competitive dynamics, and macroeconomic data-driven analytics in media / marketing
- Ability to translate business questions into analysis, create queries, interpret results, and present findings to senior management.
- Own the measurement and reporting for digital marketing, including LTV by segment, CPC, Ad Spend and ROAS
- Analyze evolution of customer acquisition and retention costs, recommending new strategies based on internal data and third-party research
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly recaps evaluating business performance, marketing efforts (ex: forecasting & budgeting)
- Provide in-depth analysis of operational data to perform root cause analysis, improve efficiency and productivity (champion reporting automation)
- Partner with product leaders and business development teams to use data-driven techniques to shape the strategy and direction of new products and services; help develop KPIs that drive product and business success
- Assists management in identifying and delivering on new reporting capabilities. Able to take reporting asks from idea to implementation
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external data sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights to decision makers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Technical Marketing or equivalent experience/training
- 4/5 years’ experience as an analyst or other data professional specializing in web, digital, mobile app, product, marketing, or similar
- Experience with financial forecasting and the development of business cases to evaluate new corporate initiatives
- Strong expertise in several product analytics systems, with preference for: Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel or other event-based collection services, Optimizely
- Clear and concise communication skills; able to tell a compelling story using data and quantitative metrics
- High degree of familiarity with industry best practices in the capture and architecture of web and mobile app event data; experience designing and maintaining rigorous standards for event data capture, collection, taxonomy and organization
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline driven, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with the following tools for scripting and analysis: SQL, Excel, VBA, Google Bigquery, AWS, Python and R)
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.