AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Network Administrator is key member of the team responsible for the configuration, administration, and support of all internal and external network devices including cloud-based configurations. This role is expected to analyze and optimize performance and security, ensure hardware and software are kept current and reliable, provide technical support and guidance to technical and non-technical staff, and participate in architectural evaluation, planning, and execution in accordance with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and administrators to ensure a reliable, high-performance technology environment.
- Recommend network enhancements and purchases.
- Test and assess network performance and security, identifying and remediating any weak areas.
- Participate in the implementation and administration of firewalls, intrusion detection, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Proactively research best practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, set up, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to monitor and respond to the performance and security status networks and network equipment.
- Participate in on-call support to address critical issues related to assigned duties.
- Create and/or maintain clear and comprehensive technical and administrative documentation.
- Train and mentor junior personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Advanced degree is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of experience as a network administrator or network engineer.
- Strong knowledge and experience with setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Cisco network equipment, particularly Nexus and ASR.
- Direct experience with administration of network resources in a cloud environment is desirable. Azure experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Palo Alto, F5 BigIP, Meraki, and Infoblox is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, QoS, BGP, OSPF, and MPLS.
- Experienced with the use of Visio (or equivalent) and drawing/documenting network topology at all levels.
- Network-oriented certifications (CCNP, etc) are preferred.
- Cloud-oriented certifications are desirable, with Azure strongly preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and analytical abilities, and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for success.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.