AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather has the incredible ability to reach millions of listeners across the world through our highly localized weather broadcasts. Our robust Forecasting Engine is led by an experienced forecasting team with proprietary algorithms and expert system modeling. With the information supplied by our forecasting team, combined with broadcasting techniques learned from experience and education, AccuWeather’s radio broadcasters deliver a forecast that is individualized and accurate for each one of our clients. Join our team today!
AccuWeather is seeking a part-time radio broadcaster who is engaging, relatable and an excellent communicator, who is able to creatively word factual information. Our radio broadcasters are self-motivated and can work independently and as a team. We want passionate broadcasters who know how to grab the attention of the audience. Customer service and time management skills are important as we want our clients needs to take top priority.
The Part-Time Radio Broadcaster will work 15-20 hours a week, mainly on weekends, at our Headquarters in State College.
- Broadcast weather forecasts to radio stations and television stations/cable systems.
- Manipulate forecasts provided by forecasters for use by individual clients.
- Create different versions of the forecasts, using "ad lib" techniques which are part of an experienced broadcaster’s capability.
- Edit forecasts "on the fly" to ensure proper factual information, keeping with the clients' needs.
- Use individual creativity to match vocal delivery and style to each particular clients' needs.
- Use good organizational skills to keep schedules up to date for delivery of forecasts to each client according to pre-determined schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Radio Broadcast Industry is essential.
- Previous Broadcast experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Weather Broadcasting is a plus!
- Demonstrated ability in effectively communicating in the AP Broadcast style.
- Demonstrated conversational, authoritative, and interesting voices and deliveries.
- Must be available to work weekends.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.