AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather’s Radio Broadcasting Team is looking for a Podcast & Audio Department Intern for Summer 2020! Reporting to the Director of Audio and Print Services, you will grow your skills and build your resume while gaining invaluable experience. This paid internship is available for up to 10 hours per week from May through August and is based out of our Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Provide communications support to the podcast marketing team.
- Support Audio Team with research and assist with related projects.
- Assist with writing and updating communications to ensure proper brand messaging and promotion.
- Coordinating multiple sources, feeds and personnel contributing to our audio products.
- Monitoring all networks for testimonials, questions, comments, abuse, complaints and user-generated content.
- Engaging with guests and prospective guests.
- Researching changes to new and existing Social Networks via industry blogs and news and online webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student working on undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field of study.
- Have experience with, and enthusiasm for, Marketing Communications/Public Relations/Social Media.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Enjoy working on cross-functional teams and under tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Basic image editing knowledge helpful.
- Must be able to develop an understanding of basic scientific and meteorological concepts, in order to explain them to our audience.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure.
- This internship requires that you apply for college credit for the position.
- Must be willing to work on-site at AccuWeather's Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.