AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The AccuWeather Product Intern will work across a variety of initiatives that impact the consumer and enterprise product portfolio. This role is an exciting opportunity that will enable the intern to gain experience from working across all of AccuWeather’s portfolio products, as well as supporting the product systems that are integral to bringing our product vision to life. The intern will work on a rotation that encompasses a variety of projects required to achieve our goals. Through this rotation, the intern will gain experience across a variety of work that includes consumer websites, mobile applications, connected devices, subscription offerings, enterprise services, localization and more.
The intern is part of a team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in product management and contribute to the development of impactful strategies that will include various skill development including feature definition, experience design and executing with teams. This internship is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives.
We are looking for someone who is meticulously detailed, mobile savvy and has a strong business acumen. Our intern would be a creative thinker, exceptional communicator and collaborator by nature with a desire to learn and curious mind.
This internship is available at our Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, for up to 22 hours per week.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as prescribed by the product management leadership team; rotating through a variety of product disciplines throughout the course of the internship
- Support the delivery of products, services, features and functions that contribute to the achievement of AccuWeather’s product goals
- Undertake audience research to develop user profiles; who they are, the features they use and enhancements they want
- Attend scrum team meetings comprising of engineers and product designers to learn how to execute against plans
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to inform recommendations
- Participate in the development of business cases to support elements of the product strategy; use your business acumen to lead research projects to understand the opportunity in detail
- Visualize new opportunities for AccuWeather to develop products against consumer needs throughout the conversion funnel
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. based college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred
- Marketing or Business majors preferred. Computer science or engineering most welcome to apply
- Working knowledge of digitally distributed products and technology
- Ability to interact and communicate with peers
- Attention to detail
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.