AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Graphic Designer will help tell the story of AccuWeather to businesses, prospects, and consumers domestically and globally by creating engaging and inspired designs for national ad campaigns, marketing materials, and brand initiatives. The role will collaborate with the AccuWeather Design Team, as well as marketing and communication professionals, product and marketing managers, and senior leaders from various lines of business, including digital media, ad sales, broadcast, enterprise solutions and more. This professional will be a source of creative inspiration for their team and employees across the company.
- Provide forward-thinking creative design for all forms of print, broadcast, and digital media
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to ensure brand consistency across client initiatives
- Effectively translate branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts
- Prepare and present concepts at internal check-ins and client presentations to validate designs
- Attend and supervise photography, film and editing sessions to complete creative concepts
- Work with outside vendors as needed to ensure quality, final productions
- 2+ years graphic design experience in an agency environment
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
- Exceptional eye for detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Experience with high-caliber design content and typography
- Strong creative, strategic, and analytical mindset
- Intellectually curious
- Motivated collaborator with an ability to work well across departments, with or without supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, highly energetic atmosphere
- Ability to design within brand guidelines and create guidelines as needed
- Distinct portfolio with a highly refined aesthetic
- Motion experience a plus (AfterEffects) preferred
- Strong knowledge of grammar and composition rules required for editing and proofreading
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience required
*All applicants should supply an online portfolio link with their applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.