AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior Director of Information Security is responsible for leading the strategy, administration, and operations of our information security program. This role will engage broadly across business and information technology functions to ensure effective awareness, planning, and execution on security-related concepts, projects, initiatives, and requirements. The successful candidate will have a diverse technical background, professional security credentials, demonstrated effectiveness in management and leadership, effective business acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proactively lead and manage information security, information assurance, and cyber defense for the company.
- Define the vision, strategy, tactics and a roadmap for security practices and solutions that follow industry- and vendor-recommended best practices.
- Establish and maintain an Information Security Management System (ISMS) in compliance with ISO/IEC 27001 and related standards.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to monitor and respond to security events involving computers, networks, accounts, and services.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to ensure the security of internally-developed software and/or technology products.
- Routinely test and assess the organization’s security measures, identifying and remediating any weak points that may be vulnerable to attack and constitute an unacceptable risk.
- Develop strategies, processes, and procedures to address security incidents.
- Drive fulfillment of the technological and business requirements for Service Organization Control (SOC) reports based on SSAE 18.
- Prepare regular technical and executive reports on security status, initiatives, and overall landscape.
- Partner closely with technology, legal, and business representatives to help ensure compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy requirements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Identity Management principles and standards including regular periodic reviews of each.
- Review, refresh, and develop security policies as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of personnel management in a technology environment.
- 10+ years of technical management/administration of technology and/or information systems.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAM or a similar security certification is required.
- CIPP certification is desirable.
- Direct experience with one or more cloud platforms is required. Azure is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Single Sign-On (SSO), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and general access controls.
- Direct experience with vulnerability management including scanning, penetration testing, and remediation.
- Demonstrated understanding of firewalls, access control lists, general routing and switching.
- Knowledge of network, system, service, and security monitoring tools, methods, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.
- Formal management/leadership training is strongly preferred.
- One or more technical certifications, particularly in cloud computing, are preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.