AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Director of Infrastructure and Cloud Operations (ICO) positions, plans, directs, and manages the secure delivery of technology infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud, with a focus on a Cloud First strategy. This role is responsible for direction and oversight of technology teams that plan and execute on architecture, administration, and support of critical services and infrastructure in the cloud and on-premises including: networking, servers, storage, virtualization, containers, and standardized integration between cloud and on-premises resources. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, demonstrated effectiveness in management and leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the resilience, security, and reliability of operational technology systems in the cloud and on-premises.
- Ensure consistency of architecture, specifications, and nomenclature between cloud and on-premises resources.
- Provide a secure, consistent, and stable technology environment for production services, corporate infrastructure, and development needs.
- Ensure the architecture and related configuration enables and optimizes options for detailed cost accounting and reporting, particularly for cloud services, thereby providing clear and direct accountability for incurred cost of services.
- Provide leadership and management for multi-disciplinary teams of technology professionals.
- Ensure compliance with identity management and security practices set forth by the business.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain procedures and automated processes to monitor and respond to outages, service degradation, or other events that may negatively affect the operational status of production, development, and corporate infrastructure.
- Routinely test and assess the technology operating environment, identifying and remediating any items that introduce unacceptable risk.
- Prepare regular technical and executive reports on operational status, planned and/or ongoing initiatives, and strategy for meeting future needs.
- Review, refresh, and develop technology policies as required.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements that will enhance the usability, stability, and/or security of technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with supply chain and vendors to establish/maintain robust and cost-effective equipment and services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of personnel management in a technology environment.
- 10+ years of technical management/administration of operational technology systems.
- Hands-on technical expertise with implementation and administration of one or more cloud platforms is required. Azure is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in two or more specialty areas such as system administration, network administration, enterprise architecture, virtualization, information security, or cloud architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to proactively identify and address operational technology needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to proactively identify and address information security risks.
- General knowledge of identity management and information security best practices is required.
- Formal management/leadership training is strongly preferred.
- One or more technical certifications, particularly in cloud computing, are strongly preferred.
- Security certifications such as CISSP or CISM are appealing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.