AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Customer Service Specialist embraces the corporate vision and philosophy by providing quality service support that is personalized, exceeding the specific needs of every client with courtesy, accuracy, timeliness, effort and enthusiasm. We are looking for someone who can work independently and as a team and communicate complex information to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
The Customer Service Specialist team supports all of the Operations Department, Sales, Information Technology and all Lines of Business. The team is overwhelmingly committed to be the single point of contact to ensure internal and external client concerns or opportunities are handled until resolution with positivity and sincerity.
- Receive, identify and address all customer (internally and externally) questions, concerns and requests.
- Assist customers by identifying and analyzing their needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
- Work internally to resolve each ticketed issue in queue, conferring with other AccuWeather personnel for resolution.
- Update customer via the phone, email or other communication means as necessary with status of issue and estimated time for resolution.
- Monitor internal communications to alert others of potential issues affecting service.
- Maintain a current and robust level of product knowledge and offer input for improvements or enhancements based on insights from clients.
- Reception desk coverage when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- One to two years in customer service field, preferably in a call center, is required.
- Associate degree in English, Journalism, marketing or other related degree is preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner with ability to listen actively and communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain composure when multi-taking and in stressful situations.
- Sound solving skills and ability to solve customer issues in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as experience with data entry is required.
- Ability to navigate the internet and web-based programs.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrates excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work well with teams and have professional interactions with all members and personalities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.