AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Marketing Communications Manager supports the growth of the AccuWeather brand through strategic marketing communications. Responsibilities include content creation supporting all lines of business, marketing automation, executive speechwriting/editing, written communications, and publicity to consistently and effectively promote AccuWeather leadership, products, services and expertise across communication channels, working cross-functionally to produce results.
- Develop strategic marketing content and communications to spotlight leadership and innovation, conveying key messages across written and verbal brand communications.
- Work collaboratively with departmental line of business leaders, administrative staff, and marketing team members to develop communications content.
- Experience with content development and marketing automation programs
- Distribute marketing communications and sales content as needed through marketing automation tools.
- Manage executive biography communications across online, printed, and leadership event communications with tailored, documented updates, auditing online presence to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Manage publicity for leadership to include thought-leadership press placements with Public Relations team, media interview and event briefings, and execution.
- Manage executive speaking pitches and placements to include targeted speaking event identification, proposal development, timeline, and vendor management.
- Manage speaking events to include speech development and communications, planning, and execution logistics for both external and internal speeches.
- Manage written staff communications under names of leadership as needed.
- Research key contacts and manage communications sent under names of leadership to targeted decision-makers as defined.
- Manage custom list and requested communications distribution to contact list
- Support relevant marketing relations, events, and communications associated with leadership and AccuWeather.
- Manage key messaging, master talk points, and presentation to consistently promote AccuWeather leadership and AccuWeather.
- Other corporate and executive communication duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in marketing communications and media & public relations experience required.
- Experience with Marketo (or similar programs like HubSpot, ExactTarget) and WordPress preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills - Copywriting, speechwriting, and editing experience required.
- Must be able to communicate and present clearly and confidently at an executive level.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.