AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Compliance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all tax and compliance for AccuWeather’s domestic and 6 international locations in partnership with our external accounting firm.
- Assist external accountants with our US and international tax return preparation
- Research and provide recommendations on tax compliance issues, both foreign and domestic
- Assist in managing the international tax advisors provided by our external accountants
- Prepare a schedule and calendar memorializing our Federal, State, and international tax filing requirements, as well as other statutory compliance requirements
- Review and manage our R&D tax credit process
- Review IRS and State tax communications with outside firm
- Review and manage our sales and use tax compliance requirements
- Assist with IRS or State tax audits
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or a combination of education and experience is required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of public accounting, audit or tax experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems is preferred
- Knowledge of Management Reporter or other equivalent financial reporting program is preferred
- Experience with SharePoint or other shared file services is preferred
- Have an ability to manage and analyze departmental financial reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are required
- Must be a self-starter who is extremely organized and detail oriented
- Should have strong customer service skills (customers being employees)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.