AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
AccuWeather is seeking a Part Time Security Officer for all shifts to maintain a safe and secure environment for team members and customers by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points. Observes proper facility access procedures.
- Provides parking lot surveillance and safety.
- Notifies the authorities in emergency situations.
- Logs in all events during shift.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Assists with policy and procedure compliance, i.e. Reasonable Suspicion, ID Badge usage, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Protects AccuWeather’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent; with 1-2 years of related experience or training preferred.
- Ability to work all shifts on a rotating basis including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with Safety Management, CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Professional, dependable, and able to maintain professionalism while assessing situations objectively with minimal direction required.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.