AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Senior iOS Developer has a passion for building world-class mobile products and strives to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. This role is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in developing our global mobile platform.
- Build rich mobile applications and help guide feature development from a technical perspective
- Advise, collaborate, and provide input to ensure the technical feasibility of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to create elegant and intuitive experience for users
- Be a technical pillar for the team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers
- Evangelize clean and structured code; provide code review and feedback to other team members
- Resolve defects, support testing efforts and deploy production code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate new and existing frameworks, technology, platforms, and tooling
- Minimum of 4 years’ developing native iOS applications
- Minimum of 1 high quality applications in the Apple Store
- Expert knowledge of Swift, Objective-C and Apple Frameworks
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST web services
- Strong understanding of Apple Human Interaction Guidelines
- Experience building responsive UI for iOS
- Experience building for iPadOS
- Experience working with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products
- Strong understanding of development practices for wearable technologies
- Experience with mobile hardware SDK like camera, accelerometer, GPS, etc.
- Experience wiring and troubleshooting analytics platforms
- Knowledge of packaging, signing and provisioning mobile applications
- Travel between New York City, NY and State College, PA required
Experience developing for tvOS
- Experience developing for tvOS
- Experience in API design, performance optimization, client architecture or tools in the mobile space
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Experience with motion UI and interactive animation skillset
- Familiarity with the AccuWeather brand and weather-related content
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.