AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Video Engineer is a member of the engineering team that is responsible in maintaining the operation of a 24/7, multi-studio facility. These responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of all studio equipment and training of studio personnel for proper operation of equipment and systems. They will also participate in installation and/or modification projects for new or existing system.
- Maintains operational status of facility along with assuring proper performance of systems
- Assures that all studio systems and device conforms to Federal Communications Commission requirements in regard to operating and technical performances.
- Advises, assists, and instructs operations personnel in matters pertaining to video and audio systems.
- Trains operations personnel in equipment use and operational procedures and evaluates performance of personnel compliance to engineering procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance, repairs, installation, and modification of video and audio systems.
- Updates maintenance and repair documentation on all studio equipment.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, workflow processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in video production techniques, equipment, and industry standards.
- Works independently and also cooperatively with other staff members, management, and outside support technicians.
- Will be scheduled for on-call status supporting operations personnel in evaluating and troubleshooting studio equipment failures or operational errors.
- Will provide engineering support during studio production events as required.
- Will provide operational support as a video tech when scheduled.
- Will provide technical maintenance and repair of Radio Broadcasting systems.
- Works safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 1 year of broadcast engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. FCC or industry type certification would be a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot system problems down to the equipment level.
- Experience with chroma keying and lighting for chroma key environments.
- Experience in working on installation projects.
- Proficient in cable fabrication using appropriate crimping and soldering tools and techniques.
- Experience in reading system documentation and drawings.
- Experience in using video and audio test measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of industry video and audio standards and associated file formats.
- Knowledge of video productions techniques for both studio and remote environments
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, other department employees, with vendors and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.