The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Develops detailed project plans using Microsoft Project. This plan will include: implementation, post support, resources, and communication plan.
- Manages project scope, time and budget. Works with Project Coordinator to gather project updates from IT team on a semi-daily basis, communicate regular project status to the Director, reports deviations and makes recommendations to the Project Director to stay on course
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with IT Project team to develop and implement project management strategies, plans, and business models
- Identifies and communicate process improvement opportunities within the IT department
- Effectively applies and enforces IT Project Management standards
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in IT project management, PMP required, CSM preferred
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall project management processes and tools
- Excellent Microsoft Project and Visio skills are required
- Excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Must be comfortable working under pressure, working with multiple levels of management, having demanding goals to meet, and serving diverse customers - both internal and external.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.