We are looking for a proficient Quality Analyst with a passion for delivering high-quality applications and services. Someone who enjoys breaking things and injecting quality into the testing lifecycle. As a Quality Analyst, you will follow best practices and procedures for testing, work with other analysts, and understand the role testing plays in software delivery. You will work with your leaders to accomplish results and have an impact on the overall quality of the AccuWeather platforms.
This position will interact with Development, Operations, Product and other groups in an Agile-based environment to test our web, mobile app, and API technologies that cater to a global audience of consumers and enterprise customers. This hands-on position requires testing competence and knowledge of testing processes, tools, reporting, and deliverables.
- Create and execute test cases based on project requirement and design documentation
- Responsible for functional and regression testing, logging, tracking, and resolution verification of defects
- Interacts effectively with members of development and other project related groups to ensure project objectives are met
- Performs analysis on test cases and defects for inclusion in test reports
- Follows and reviews ongoing improvements of standards, methods, and procedures for testing
- Researches different quality assurance testing methodologies, systems, processes, and standards and propose changes to leads and leaders
- Maintain the inventory of test plans and perform analysis to identify new testing requirements for each release
- Work with leads and management of the group, as well as team members, to improve the quality within an agile based team
- Coordinates with functional areas for user acceptance and UI/UX testing
- BS/BA in related discipline with 3+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 1+ years’ experience in related field
- Good verbal and written communication, collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Experience with projects or programs within functional area with some business impact
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they arise
- Makes sound decisions when faced with alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; proficient problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; good collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Experience in writing and execution of test plans, test cases, and procedures
- Working knowledge of industry standard testing tools such as Quality Center, qTest Manager, TestRail, or other similar products
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.