The Senior Studio Director will supervise the director group and work with them to improve performance in the execution of our AccuWeather Network and Digital products. The Senior Director will also work closely with producers to help meet their needs. Additionally, this person will support our many products through successful organization of our studio resources and the operation of technical equipment.
- Manage training programs and quality control efforts within the director group, including but not limited to aircheck critiques and equipment training classes.
- Assume the lead role during the preparation and operation of the AccuWeather television studios and production control rooms during recorded and live productions.
- Responsible for the creation of high-quality video content for broadcast and online platforms.
- Manages and directs the television crew during the studio production
- Monitor on air quality, including dealing with problems with our fiber and channel origination facility
- Direct studio programs and content using a multi-channel, digital television switcher and associated devices during taped and live studio productions which includes switching video sources, performing live digital effects and transitions, inserting pre-recorded material, graphics and titles into programs, and routing internal and external video and audio sources.
- Develop studio presentation of programs and events, including use of lighting, audio, camera placement and blocking and set development (both physical and virtual sets,) floor management and storyboarding.
- When assigned, respond quickly to breaking news and weather situations, contributing to the team's coverage of the event, with or without a producer.
- Ensures all positions are manned and all equipment and facilities are checked out and ready before the recording session or live broadcast begins.Execute assignments to meet company goals and help control expenses.
- Recognizes that AccuWeather is a 24/7/365 video operation and have the ability to work different shifts at any time, including weekends and holidays.
- Work closely with the Content and Marketing staff as a single team
- Execute AccuWeather policies and programs related to this position.
- Four year degree or equivalent training in television production.
- Demonstrated experience in a live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- The ideal candidate has senior level directing experience with some supervisory responsibility in the top 40 local markets or at a regional network facility.
- Strong script writing and technical directing skills for both live and pre-recorded productions.
- Skills in collaborating with both technical and creative personnel. Long- and short-form production experience, including Studio and Electronic Field Production.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be a proactive team player, and work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.Ability to work independently and be self-directed, while also able to work collaboratively within a diverse team environment.Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Maintain familiarity with broadcast technical specifications and the range of equipment implemented during productions.
- Attention, follow-through, dependability and good judgment are critical for success in this role.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge in the following or an equivalent product:
- Ross Overdrive
- Ross Video Multi-ME Production Switcher
- Nexio Server Platform
- Ross XPression
- Wheatstone Audio
- Adobe Premiere Pro Editing
- Autoscript Teleprompting
- Baron Weather Graphics
- Hitachi and Sony Studio Cameras
- Clear-Com Eclipse Intercom System
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.