We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer with demonstrated contributions in making delivery more efficient and productive. Someone who has a passion for configuring, automating, and optimizing AccuWeather’s development, QA, and production platforms to increase delivery velocity and maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
As a DevOps Engineer II, you are a key member of the IT team supporting the entire lifecycle. You are responsible for the end-to-end software delivery process and automating the build, deployment, validation and monitoring frameworks. You must have a passion for automation, release management, performance monitoring, operations excellence, and cloud platforms. Hands on experience with software development lifecycles, modern build tools, virtual environment management, continuous integration and delivery are essential to succeed in this role.
You’ll need the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues and not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across platforms. This includes an understanding of systems, data structures, multiple cloud platforms, and scripting as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in a rapid environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where it’s up to you to figure things out and keep things moving.
- Understand, implement, and automate builds, deployments, validations, and configurations
- Build, maintain, and execute automated CI / CD pipelines for development, QA, and production
- Instrument code, build tools, and dashboards to help visualize and understand real-time system health, usage, and performance metrics
- Maintain the infrastructure and service health monitoring process to enable proactive issue mitigation and expedited issue resolution
- Apply appropriate controls to pipelines to facilitate fast release cycles with minimal risk
- Provide input into best practices for source control, continuous integration, release management, and validation
- Bring an understanding of open source automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our products
- Continuously improve our build and deployment processes
- Identify opportunities to automate and deliver self service capabilities for the most common infrastructure and tasks
- Exhibit an understanding of various cloud platforms, including Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS
- Participate in sprint planning with the project teams to keep initiatives moving forward
- BS/BA in related discipline with 3+ years’ experience in related field - OR - MS/MA and 1+ years’ experience in related field
- Experience in an Agile environment with ability to coordinate cross-functional work towards task completion
- Experience with Linux / Unix and Windows platforms
- Experience managing cloud environments, including Azure, Google Cloud, and / or AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes, orchestration and CI systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell), configuration and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and version control (Git, TFS)
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Displays critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful implementations to complex challenges
- Makes sound decisions when faced with challenging alternatives that result in successful outcomes
- Self-driven; good problem-solving skills; adaptable and proactive
- Good verbal and written communication, collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.