AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smartphones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, Smart TVs and appliances, as well as, traditional media. AccuWeather delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government and institutions, as well as, news, weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. These include: WSJ.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. The AccuWeather Network can be found on DirecTV, Verizon Fios, Frontier for now and we are growing. This is why we need the next generation of amazing content producers. Our worldwide potential is huge.
AccuWeather is looking for a Producer, Live Broadcast to join our team! This position will work out of our headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The Live Broadcast Producer for AccuWeather will be producing compelling live video segments for the AccuWeather Television Network on a daily and as-needed schedule. The Live Broadcast Producer will put together the rundown for each individual segment and work with a team of on-air broadcasters, director, graphics, studio crew and video editors to develop innovative and engaging content. The weather and the news require 24/7/365 coverage and the live broadcast producer will be required to work differing hours, depending on the severity of the weather situation or breaking news story.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with Executive Producer to deliver a unique style for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Produce recognizable programming that is distinctive, best-of-class production
- Deliver a comprehensive and creative explanation of weather news and information.
- Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and weather situations, contributing to the news team's coverage.
- Seek and produce compelling, engaging video content for the AccuWeather Television Network.
- Lead the show production process, including development of rundowns, segments, series, story selection, graphics generation, video editing and script writing.
- Execute and deliver strong content in a smooth and clean fashion that flows well across the entire show
- Exercise strong editorial judgment and adhere to company’s standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role
- BA or BS in journalism, communications or meteorology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing suites (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, others) is required.
- Subject matter expertise in newsroom content management systems like ENPS, iNews, others)
- Knowledge and experience in broadcast style writing
- Working knowledge and experience with digital editorial programming tools, such as a CMS and/or OVP
- Must be a control room leader and a team player who leads by example and works well with production staff and other departments
- Understanding of basic meteorology and effective storytelling
- Working knowledge of Windows or Mac operating systems is required
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills are necessary; communication is essential to success
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.