AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Broadcaster Manager to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
The Broadcaster Manager oversees and coaches our on-camera weather broadcasters and reporters.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with Content Team leadership to establish News content, philosophy and direction to set goals and monitor performance of the on-camera broadcasting team.
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy in social media, and subsequently provide feedback inspire and coach superior storytelling
- Supporting the team to accomplish daily deadlines under potentially stressful conditions and deal effectively with multiple competing tasks
- Communicating with the team daily on assignments and ensuring proper staffing
- Ensure that the TV/Video Broadcasters follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for on-camera personnel
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- A four-year degree in journalism — or equivalent. Minimum three years full-time experience in journalism — preferably in a multi-platform news environment.
- Must be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, teacher, collaborator, with hands on journalism experience and a driving passion
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of on-air and online techniques/procedures, protocols, and standards.
- Exceptional organizational skills suited for a fast-paced environment.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.