AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, PA and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as Business Solutions (AES), radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally.
The Television / Video Weather Broadcaster accurately broadcasts on-camera weather forecasts and insightful information to AccuWeather’s customers, to all of the company’s platforms and partnerships. This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, graphics designers and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts.
- Using graphic tools provided, to assist in building of the weather shows to clearly tell a weather story.
- Uses creativity to tailor content and delivery based on individual client’s needs including length and delivery time.
- During each video the TV/Video Broadcaster will adhere to company standards for on-air presentation, including the impacts of the weather on video viewers, timelines for events and special emphasis on severe weather.
- The TV/Video Broadcaster must follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Assists with the operational and strategic goals of AccuWeather’s social media initiatives.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Broadcasting plus 3-5 years of related experience will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.