AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Senior Television Weather Broadcaster to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
The Television / Video Weather Broadcaster accurately broadcasts on-camera weather forecasts and insightful information to AccuWeather’s customers, to all of the company’s platforms and partnerships.
What You'll Be Doing
- Works with AccuWeather Meteorologists, graphics designers and producers to prepare accurate on-camera video weather forecasts.
- Using graphic tools provided, to assist in building of the weather shows to clearly tell a weather story.
- Uses creativity to tailor content and delivery based on individual client’s needs including length and delivery time.
- During each video the TV/Video Broadcaster will adhere to company standards for on-air presentation, including the impacts of the weather on video viewers, timelines for events and special emphasis on severe weather.
- The TV/Video Broadcaster must follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Assists with the operational and strategic goals of AccuWeather’s social media initiatives.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Broadcasting plus 3-5 years of related experience will be considered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.