AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video. We broadcast to, and engage with, millions of fans and followers on Social Media and we have two new audio products, daily and weekly podcasts. AccuWeather is looking for a Podcast & Audio Department Intern to join our team for Spring 2019! This position will work on-site out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA and will run from January until May.
Who You Are
- You enjoy listening to podcasts.
- You are inquisitive and enjoy storytelling
- You are enthusiastic about technology, Social Media, and Digital Marketing.
- You are a creative thinker who is constantly thinking outside the box.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide communications support to the podcast marketing team.
- Support Audio Team with research and assist with related projects.
- Assist with writing and updating communications to ensure proper brand messaging and promotion.
- Coordinating multiple sources, feeds and personnel contributing to our audio products.
- Monitoring all networks for testimonials, questions, comments, abuse, complaints and user-generated content.
- Engaging with guests and prospective guests
- Researching changes to new and existing Social Networks via industry blogs and news and online webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Current student working on undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field of study.
- Have experience with, and enthusiasm for, Marketing Communications / Public Relations / Social Media
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Enjoy working on cross-functional teams and under tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Meteorological experience is very helpful.
- Basic image editing knowledge helpful.
- Must have strong English writing skills.
- Must be able to develop an understanding of basic scientific and meteorological concepts, in order to explain them to our audience
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure.
- This internship requires that you apply for college credit for the position.
- Must be willing to work on-site at AccuWeather HQ in State College, PA.
Skills We Are Looking For
- A team player. You have the ability to consistently build and maintain strong working relationships with your direct teammates as well as co-workers throughout AccuWeather.
- Communication. You have the ability to exchange information, both verbal and non-verbal, to anyone. You have solid speaking and writing skills. Your communication style ensures that all the organizational goals are achieved.
- Passion. You have a strong excitement and love for storytelling and promotion. You pride yourself on being efficient at your job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.