The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking an Associate Product Manager to work across a variety of initiatives that will impact the consumer and enterprise product portfolio. This role is an exciting opportunity that will enable the successful candidate to gain experience from working across all of AccuWeather’s portfolio products, as well as supporting the product systems that are integral to bringing our product vision to life. The Associate Product Manager will work on a rotation that encompasses the most impactful projects required to achieve our goals. Through this rotation, the Associate Product Manager will gain experience across a variety of work that includes consumer websites, mobile applications, connected devices, subscription offerings, enterprise services, localization, mapping & forecasting, artificial intelligence, APIs and more.
This position is joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development. The role is an exciting opportunity to refine your product management expertise and contribute to the development of impactful strategies that includes defining features, designing experiences and driving execution with our teams. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative thinker with strong technical acumen, exceptional problem-solving capabilities and an interest in building weather-related products & services. This role is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives.
The position is based in State College, Pennsylvania or New York City, New York. Travel is required.
- Lead projects and initiatives as prescribed by the product management leadership team; rotating through a variety of product disciplines throughout the course of the year
- Support the delivery of products, services, features and functions that contribute to the achievement of AccuWeather’s product goals; participate in all elements of the end-to-end execution
- Understand the ins & outs of our audience; who they are, the features they use and enhancements they want
- Manage the development sprints as assigned throughout your rotation; prioritize product enhancements, while simultaneously crushing technical debt
- As required, lead a scrum team comprising of engineers and product designers to execute against your plans quickly
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements; communicate to stakeholders regularly
- Participate in, and in some cases lead, the development of business cases to support elements of the product strategy; use your business acumen to lead research projects to understand the opportunity in detail
- Ideate new opportunities for AccuWeather to develop products against consumer needs throughout the conversion funnel
- Produce and review product requirement documents to the highest of standards
- Create exceptional user experiences through collaboration with product experience team – UX/UI/Interaction – while also maximizing revenue by supporting monetization efforts
- Own the end-to-end success of projects from requirements definition through design, development, launch, and post-launch analysis
- Meticulously detailed. Mobile savvy. Strong business acumen
- Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Collaborator by nature
- Desire to learn. Curious mind
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years' experience in product management or product development
- Experience working with iOS and Android operating system would be regarded favorably
- Strong knowledge of digitally distributed products and technology; experience with consumer applications
- Experience writing detailed requirements for products; such as wire frames, criteria, and business cases
- Ability to interact and communicate with product, design, and development teams of all levels
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail
- Must be comfortable to prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals and implications
- Expertise with several analytical and metrics gathering programs or services
- Comfortable making independent decisions and thinking through all product ramifications
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.