Who You Are
The IT Program Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Research & Development projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Introduce and foster a culture of Lean Agile Project Management discipline within the IT R&D Team, IT Leadership and among the stakeholders
- Manage all Research & Development team projects including, time & budget
- Manage and lead Business Analysts and/or other Program/Project Managers
- Define and manage the company R&D idea process
- Define and manage the company R&D software development life cycle
- Define the necessary processes for standard program metrics; collaborate with IT Process Manager on reporting needs
- Partner with CTO and IT Leadership on project priorities
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating dependencies and risks and actively refactor project plans and expectations with business and delivery teams throughout project delivery
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Prepare and present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Work with Vendor on RFPs and SOWs when required/needed
- Manage external vendor resources, when needed
- Project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Assisting with the business case, cost estimates (development and operational)
- Consistently evaluate program methods and procedures for efficiencies
- Manage business analysts and/or other Program/Project Manager’s
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experience We Are Looking For
- BS in business administration or related field or a combination of education and experience
- Four+ years’ experience in an IT Project Manager position
- PMP Required / CSM (first level Scrum) required
- Knowledge of project & software development management techniques and tools in multi methodologies including Lean, Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Experience with MS Project is required
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Proven experience in risk management.
- Experience with data analytics is preferred.
- Familiar with applied science is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.