AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Product Marketing Manager, to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
Under the direction of the CMO, VP of Brand Strategy, and Director of Brand Development, the Product Marketing Manager will work extensively with internal teams within the Marketing team as well as external clients (AccuWeather product teams) and will be responsible for developing and executing strategic digital marketing, advertising, and promotion campaigns. S/he will serve as the nucleus of a full marketing client team and be part strategist, part consultant, and part digital marketing guru, working to help our product lines exceed their goals and grow their businesses.
The role will be primarily focused on the emerging Audio product team, especially our new line of podcasts and apps for connected home products such as Google Home, Amazon Echo, and Apple HomePod. Additional duties in promoting other product lines may be as assigned by department management as needs evolve.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and execute digital marketing and communications strategies and campaigns that proactively help our business areas meet their goals, grow their audiences, and increase partner and consumer engagement.
- Coordinate creative development/production of promotional materials and use Google Analytics and other tools to prepare result analysis reports.
- Develop a strong understanding of AccuWeather competitors, particularly in the podcast and connected home categories, and keep the full team up-to-date on market conditions, best practices, and consumer shifts/needs.
- Manage the relationship with related outside vendors/partners, ensuring all partnerships perform at high levels and deliver strong ROI.
- Assist the Director of Brand Development and the VP of Brand Strategy on special projects, including those to improve the effectiveness of the Marketing Department as a whole.
- Monitor marketing campaign costs associated with execution of marketing activities during calendar year.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience in digital marketing
- Experience with campaign management and email marketing tools, including campaign data analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with digital media industry
- Familiarity with data visualization best practices and skills at translating complex data into actionable business insights
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and a true team player
- Driven by an eagerness to help others, learn new tools, and grow professionally
- Critical thinker who thrives on solving challenging business problems in new ways
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.