AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for an Intern, Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team!
Who You Are
The Business Intelligence Analyst Fall/Spring Intern will focus on analyzing our existing core data sets to identify areas where AccuWeather can enhance its spatial coverage for the customers. These data sets include, but are not limited to, forecast, climatology and current conditions. The intern will also work closely with the Location Management Team, and will interface with internal and external customers to produce high quality datasets used by many of AccuWeather’s industry leading products. This is a paid internship.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist with basic analytics of departmental and customer data.
- Research opportunities for conferences, potential clients, competitors, analytical methods and software programs.
- Edit and assemble materials for presentations to clients, speaking engagements, conferences and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience We Are Looking For
- Working toward a BS in science or technology field required
- BS in Geography or Meteorology is preferred
- Capable of explaining solutions to problems or questions in both a technical and non-technical fashion
- Experience with SAS, SPSS, STATA or ArcMap is preferred
- General understanding of different areas of business including branding, marketing, advertising, communications, IT, meteorology and sales, and how they interact
- Basic understanding of multivariate analysis, time series regression, spatial analytics and geostatistical analysis
- Willingness and ability to learn different analytical methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPivot is preferred
- Excellent Communication, both verbal and written, especially in regards to explaining technical information
- Comfortable with fast-moving environments, with a high level of multi-tasking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.