AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video. We broadcast to, and engage with, millions of fans and followers on Social Media and we have two new audio products, daily and weekly podcasts. AccuWeather is looking for a Product Intern to join our team for Fall 2018! This position will work on-site out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Fall Intern to work across a variety of initiatives that will impact the consumer and enterprise product portfolio. This role is an exciting opportunity that will enable the intern to gain experience from working across all of AccuWeather’s portfolio products, as well as supporting the product systems that are integral to bringing our product vision to life. The intern will work on a rotation that encompasses a variety of projects required to achieve our goals. Through this rotation, the intern will gain experience across a variety of work that includes consumer websites, mobile applications, connected devices, subscription offerings, enterprise services, localization and more.
The intern is joining a team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used by more than 300 million consumers worldwide, as well as lead the next generation of innovative product development. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in product management and contribute to the development of impactful strategies that will include various skill development including feature definition, experience design and executing with teams. This internship is perfectly suited for someone with a passion for science, technology, and leveraging data to improve people’s lives.
This internship is based at AccuWeather Headquarters in State College, PA.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as prescribed by the product management leadership team; rotating through a variety of product disciplines throughout the course of the internship
- Support the delivery of products, services, features and functions that contribute to the achievement of AccuWeather’s product goals
- Undertake audience research to develop user profiles; who they are, the features they use and enhancements they want
- Attend scrum team meetings comprising of engineers and product designers to learn how to execute against plans
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to inform recommendations
- Participate in the development of business cases to support elements of the product strategy; use your business acumen to lead research projects to understand the opportunity in detail
- Ideate new opportunities for AccuWeather to develop products against consumer needs throughout the conversion funnel
- Meticulously detailed. Mobile savvy. Strong business acumen
- Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator. Collaborator by nature
- Desire to learn. Curious mind
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. based college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred
- Marketing or Business majors preferred. Computer science or engineering most welcome to apply
- Working knowledge of digitally distributed products and technology
- Ability to interact and communicate with peers
- Attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.