AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
- The Customer Service Specialist embraces the corporate vision and philosophy by providing quality service support that is personalized, meeting the specific needs of each and every client with courtesy, accuracy, timeliness, effort and enthusiasm.
- You are flexible with varying shifts, some of which may be overnight.
- AccuWeather’s customer service staff supports the entire product portfolio and is overwhelmingly committed to ensuring client problems are handled with sincerity.
What You Will be Doing
- Provide first line of support to assist in answering informational, limited technical and basic account questions until resolution.
- Answer, assist directly, and/or route calls and emails to the appropriate area for assistance.
- Document, through our ticket and email systems, customer concerns to ensure accountability, updates, resolution and history.
- Proactively conduct customer surveys via email after resolution of the issue to obtain feedback.
- Call and/or fax specific clients with severe weather information.
- Fill out reporter requests, alerting the floor manager.
- Internal support ticket creation.
- Cancellation of email alerts and wireless First Warn alerts.
- Back up for all incoming calls from: Sales, Reception, TV Systems, Data Acquisition and Weather Data, KS.
- Disseminate temporary Newspaper Change Requests.
- Provide initial troubleshooting for smartphone users using our applications
Experience We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Six-months to one year experience in customer service field is required.
- Knowledge of CRM system is preferred
- Experience using, or working with, smartphones and tablets preferred (Andriod / iOS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Professional and pleasant phone etiquette, with ability to listen actively and communicate effectively is required
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations or dealing with difficult customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.
Customer Service Specialistat AccuWeather (View all jobs)
Headquarters - State College, PA