The HR team works intentionally to attract top talent to AccuWeather and to create an environment where team members love to work. With our high ambitions and #1 corporate goal to make employees the heart of our success, we make it possible for AccuWeather to deliver technology that changes both industries and lives globally!
Who You Are
The AccuWeather Total Rewards Manager reports directly to the VP, Human Resources, and is responsible for overseeing the administration of value-add and cost-effective employee benefit and compensation plans. Responsibility includes managing comparable plans across all US sites, and vendor management of partners providing benefits for our international team members.
The Total Awards Manager is responsible for all aspects of design, implementation and execution including benchmarking industry and/or community best practices to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits and salaries to ensure current offerings remain competitive. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to AccuWeather and Team Members. This is a critical position for helping AccuWeather ensure team members are the heart of our success.
What You'll Be Doing
- Administer employee benefit and compensation programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; wellness programs; bonus and other compensation incentive programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits and compensation plans with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in-person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Works with Payroll and IT staff to ensure that the ADP meets benefit and compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to benefit plans, salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
- Presents total rewards program in new-hire orientation.
- Assists HR Business Partner and other managers with benefit and compensation-related issues.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Passion for delivering valuable medical and non-medical benefits and competitive salaries for team members- this is a critical pillar of our value proposition for team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in administering benefit plans is required, compensation experience a plus.
- Experience presenting to large and diverse groups of employees is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience successfully handling complex employee benefit issues is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.