AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Technology Support Specialist II to join our team! This position will work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
Who You Are
The Technology Support Specialist ll provides for user devices and local, enterprise, and cloud software and services. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong focus on customer service, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide basic and intermediate assistance to all users on technology related concerns.
- Configure and ensure proper use of computer hardware and software including peripherals.
- Perform administration and repairs on user devices.
- Isolate the cause of system failures and resolve or escalate to the appropriate individual(s).
- Research and provide feedback on the purchase of new computer hardware and software.
- Assess training needs and make recommendations.
- Assist with the management of computer related inventory.
- Manage user accounts, storage, and mailboxes in accordance with established company standards and industry best practices.
- Assist with vendor maintenance agreements, software licenses, software deployment, and computer related supplies.
- Serve as an escalation point and technical expert for the technology support team.
- Mentor and guide junior staff members.
- This position may have occasional supervisory responsibilities.
Experience We Are Looking For
- Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a technology role.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and/or Mobile Device Management.
- Strong knowledge and experience with administration of one or more of Windows, Mac, and mobile (IOS/Android) operating systems.
- Understanding of basic network functionality including IP addresses, DHCP, DNS, and wired/wireless connectivity.
- Experience with use and administration of Office 365.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL.
- Familiarity with basic information security principles is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.