AccuWeather’s team members are the heart of our success. As we enter new markets and expand geographically, the Director of Business Development position will have a real impact on our success and mission to ‘save lives, protect property, and help people prosper’. This role is accountable for managing existing and securing new client agreements, building & maintaining these relationships, and generate revenue to exceed sales goals. The primary focus is to move designated account relationships to agreements with multi-year revenue commitments. The Director of Business Development will interface with senior management within the partner's organization, to ensure account plan and revenue milestones.
Relationships include Mobile OEM/ODM’s, Emerging Platforms Display (EP), Mobile Application Providers, Mobile Telecommunication Carriers, and other leading technology players in the mobile solution ‘ecosystem’.
- Discover and close opportunities in the Mobile OEM/ODM, Emerging Platforms (EP), Wearables, and Mobile application distribution
- Manage and grow existing client integrations at mobile OEM/ODM’s worldwide
- Conduct quarterly on-site business reviews with top client accounts
- Present business solutions onsite to prospects and customers
- Assist the AccuWeather Joint Venture (JV) in China by identifying and closing China based global market opportunities
- Meet with AccuWeather product managers to regularly discuss updates on product direction and plans and establish a sound mobile market research methodology to stay abreast of new companies and market trends. Associations, LinkedIn groups, blogs, tech sites, etc.
- Develop and regular update business plan to identify goals and tactics to meet business development objectives
- Other duties may be assigned.
CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS MOST OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- 5+ years of business development in mobile ecosystem, preferable software solutions with mobile OEMs.
- Trained in Solution Selling methodology.
- Proficient in developing impactful client proposals/ presentations
- Experience in complex contract / legal negotiations.
- Fluent/have experience in identifying and establishing prospect list and plan
- Knowledge of mobile market trends and technologies
- Problem solver and able to translate customer needs into solutions
- Ability to travel globally 50%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, genetic information, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran orientation, or veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status or any other legally protected categories under local, state of federal laws. We believe a culture of diversity and inclusion provides unique perspectives that help make the workplace more innovative, engaging and profitable.