The global product team at AccuWeather is seeking a Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics to lead a team focused on audience, partnerships, revenue and growth. This role will support all AccuWeather products including web, apps, OTT and OEM ecosystems; a portfolio of products and services that reach 1.5 billion users on a monthly basis. The position will report to the Chief Product Officer and support organizational functions including product managers, product designers, marketers, business development leads and the executive management team. The successful candidate will be joining an expanding team whose focus is to transform the existing suite of products used in dozens of countries worldwide, and whose charter is to lead the next generation of innovative product development. The role is an exciting opportunity to translate your passion for using data to transform decision-making.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and analytical leader with strong communication skills, exceptional problem-solving capabilities and have a healthy addiction to weather!
The position is ideally based at AccuWeather HQ in State College, Pennsylvania – however, we are also open to candidates in New York City or Wichita. Travel will be required.
- Work across business-functions (product, sales, marketing, technology, business development) to create useful, insightful and accurate reporting of performance against KPIs
- Manage the timely delivery of BI requests; prioritizing against business impact and ROI
- Develop insights that drive smarter product decisions through ongoing collaboration with product managers. Leverage audience behavior, seasonal trends, revenue drivers and engagement measures to offer meaningful recommendations
- Work directly with stakeholders to tackle data-related business questions and problems; use your ability to interrogate complex datasets to offer solutions to various internal audiences
- Lead modeling efforts to inform and shape business case development for new opportunities. Participate in the management of partnerships through a data lens
- Manage and mentor a small team of professionals; assist with growth and learning
- Concept, develop and release automated and intuitive dashboards that showcase complex datasets in usable, readable formats for a wide range of internal audiences
- Lead key relationships with service providers, such as Google Analytics and comScore, as well as participate in industry initiatives, such as through the IAB
- Evangelize data and insights through the organization
- Design data taxonomies for AccuWeather products, shaping the way the company collects and reports on data.
- Meticulously detailed. Passionate number cruncher
- Strong leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator
- Leadership presence with a knack to evangelize to your team and to upper management
- Be curious and globally oriented. Love new technology
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-8 years' experience in a quantitative field (e.g. business economics, statistics, analytics)
- Master’s degree is preferred (e.g. MBA)
- Experience with consumer media and ad-driven businesses is highly desired
- Exceptional proficiency with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, AppsFlyer, comScore; as well as visualization tools such as Tableau and/or PowerBI and/or similar
- Experience with DMPs (such as mParticle) would be advantageous
- Experience with A/B testing and the tools leveraged by product managers
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels including executive management
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment